Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Book Review - A Love So True by Melissa Jagears

A Love So True (Teaville Moral Society)I stayed up way too late to finish this book, and it was well worth it.  A novel set in 1908 about a woman who helps orphans and tries to get women out of prostitution would always catch my attention, and this one is well-written.  I loved the complexity of the characters, and that although they certainly had good moral characters, they didn't come across as "holier-than-thou".  Also, often when writers take on social problems in the past, they project a more modern viewpoint onto the characters, but that wasn't the case here.

This book is the second in a series, but I didn't read the first.  This is easily a stand-alone novel, although for fans of the first book, the main characters in it are minor characters in this one.  I thoroughly enjoyed this book, and I highly recommend it.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher, Bethany house, for the purpose of writing a review, but all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment