Thursday, March 29, 2018

Book Review - A Chance at Forever by Melissa Jagears

 This is the third book in the Teaville Moral Society trilogy by Melissa Jaegers.  It is a stand-alone novel, but readers of the first two books will get glimpses of characters from those stories.  The story centers on Mercy, a young woman who has one arm and runs an orphanage with her brother and his wife, and Aaron, who bullied Mercy as a child but now has found God and new purpose in his life.  I had liked Mercy when she was introduced in the last book, and while she is still a pleasant and likable character, she was not nearly as compelling as Aaron was.  I preferred when the story was more focused on Aaron, and I felt that he was more well-rounded as a character.  Any historical story about orphans and improving their lives is bound to be interesting to me, so this book was a good fit for me.  I liked how faith was interwoven into the story, but it did get too preachy in a couple of places.  Overall, I enjoyed this book and would recommend it to readers of historical fiction.

I received this book from the publisher, Bethany House, for the purpose of writing a review, but all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment