Thursday, May 24, 2018

A Beautiful Sight!

Check this out:

Finally, after so many failures, I am growing strawberries!  We have been loving these sweet little bites.  Of course, the chipmunks do, too, so we aren't getting all of the red ruby goodness, but still, we are finally harvesting strawberries from our yard.  And I have another patch that is still all green, due to more shade, so we should continue to get berries for a while.


The rose bush looks lovely, like a cascade of blooms.  I trimmed it pretty mercilessly two years ago, and it is now blooming better than ever before.  I know nothing about caring for roses, but they seem pretty well able to handle things themselves.

These potato plants look bigger and healthier than any I've ever grown.  I hope there is as much growth under the soil.  I do so love home-grown potatoes.

Remember a few days ago when I moved the chickens to fresh pasture?  This is that "fresh" pasture after just 2 days.  I moved the coop, so they are enjoying more green space.  I'm going to sow clover seed here (and over subsequent patches), so when we move them back, or when the big chickens are allowed to roam, there will be lots of their favorite, nutritious green available.

Good morning!  As you may have guessed, this guy is a cockerel.  We are now able to tell the pullets from the cockerels, for the most part.  They seem to like their new coop.

No comments:

Post a Comment