Friday, January 17, 2020

Book Review - Collateral Damage by Lynette Eason

Collateral Damage (Danger Never Sleeps Book #1) by [Eason, Lynette]
Collateral Damage by Lynette Eason was an action-packed read that I really enjoyed.  It starts in Afghanistan, and although I am a civilian, it sounded realistic.  The main characters, Brooke and Asher, felt very well-defined.  Both suffer from forms of PTSD that are realistically and compassionately portrayed.  I felt that the author did a good job of making the plot, characters, and settings feel authentic.  The main characters were also very easy to like.  I was intrigued by the plot, and the constant action kept me very interested.  There were some points where it was a bit hard to remember who certain characters were.  There are a lot of characters involved, and sometimes it was difficult to place who was who.  Although I enjoy details and backstories, there were parts that could have been pared down a bit for clarity.  Overall, though, the plot kept me very interested, and I enjoyed the emerging romance between Brooke and Asher.  I am eager to read the next installment in this series.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher, Revell, for the purpose of writing a review, but all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment