Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Book Review - A Dance in Donegal by Jennifer Deibel

 


A Dance in Donegal by Jennifer Deibel is a good debut novel.  The sweeping beauty of Ireland is on full display, and the author clearly seems familiar with the interesting customs of that old country.  I liked the main character, Moira, and her love interest, Sean, although it took a while before their budding romance seemed quite believable.  After a bit, though, it was a very nice romance.  I liked many of the secondary characters, and their inclusion lent depth to the story.  I didn't like the addition of Declan, and I thought that part did not further the story line but rather distracted from it.  Overall, though, I enjoyed this novel.  I think that the faith and forgiveness element was handled really well and was a strong point of the book.  I look forward to seeing what this author does in the future.
I received a copy of this book from the publisher, Revel, for the purpose of writing a review, but all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment