Monday, June 7, 2021

Book Review - A Lady in Attendance by Rachel Fordham

 



This book settles the reader into the 1890s very well.  I love all of the historical details.  Gilbert is a lovely character, and I liked him very much.  I also enjoyed how his character's life changed and expanded after meeting and befriending Hazel.  Hazel was well-drawn, and her back story slowly unveils over the book.  She is an easy character to like.  Their romance was very sweet, and the mystery surrounding Hazel added a great backdrop.  The forgiveness themes are believeable and sincere.  Overall, this is a very good book, and I recommend it for anyone who enjoys historical fiction.

I received a copy of the book from the publisher, Revell, for the purpose of writing a review, but all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment