Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Book Review -Tacos for Two by Betsy St. Amant

 

If you've ever watched the Meg Ryan/Tom Hanks movie You've Got Mail, you will enjoy the echoes of it in this book.  It's been years since I've seen it, so I'm sure I missed some of the references, but it was still an obvious homage to that movie.  This story has an online anonymous dating app as well as real-life encounters between the main characters, and that was a fun aspect.  Main character Rory is really looking for her identity.  I don't feel that her character fully developed, but she was still likeable.  Some of the secondary characters were definitely more "types" than fully developed characters, and the story ties up a bit too neatly.  That said, it was a fun read.  I enjoyed it, even though I could put it down and then come back to it without much issue.  Although it is a Christian book, there is not much about the faith in the story, which could be a down side if you are looking for spiritual growth but perhaps an upside if you want a positive but not in-your-face book to share with others.  It has a nice romance, and I like the taco truck setting.  I also liked the inclusion of a character with Down Syndrome, and I actually would have liked more time with her.  Overall, it is good but not great, so I would say 3.5 stars.

I received this book from the publisher, Revell, for the purpose of writing a review, but all opinions are my own. 


No comments:

Post a Comment