Thursday, July 14, 2022

Book Review - The Extraordinary Deaths of Mrs. Kipp by Sara Brunsvold

 

I started reading this book yesterday while my son was in surgery.  I finished it today.  It is an incredible book.  Rare is the novel that leaves the reader yearning to be a better person.  This is that novel.

In turns funny, sad, poignant, and uplifting, this story follows the unusual life of a quirky Christian lady and the young reporter sent to interview her.  This story isn't just clean fiction with unobjectionable themes; it is unapologetically Christian.  Mrs. Kipp's life exudes the faith and her deep love.  I cried several times reading this book, but I left it inspired.  The story has good character development and is engaging throughout.  Well done, Ms. Brunsvold.  This book is a real gem.  I highly recommend it.

I received a copy of this novel from the publisher, Revell, for the purpose of writing a review, but all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment