Saturday, December 3, 2022

Book Review - Honor's Refuge by Hallee Bridgeman

 



Honor's Refuge, by Hallee Bridgeman, is the third in a series.  I didn't read the first two, but this is a stand-alone novel, so I don't think that was a problem.  The passion of the protagonists to help victims of domestic violence was compelling.  I liked both Melissa and Phil as characters, although I thought Phil's hang-ups in not dating Melissa seemed to stretch a bit too long.  There is plenty of action in this book, and it kept me interested even though some parts strained credibility.  As a Catholic in a very active faith community, I found the characters' distinction between their church and Lola's Catholic relatives' lack of faith an eye-rolling bit on pages 236-7.  

Overall, I enjoyed this book, but several plot points seemed too far-fetched, particularly towards the end.  


I received this book from the publisher, Revell, for the purpose of writing a review, but all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment