Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Last week

 

Nathaniel helped Lydia dye the front strands of her hair.  Here is the bleached step, which she only had for a day and a half.  Now those blond strands are dark purple, and much less noticeable.  I'll have to get a picture in good lighting.
All three younger kids went to the History Center last Saturday morning with me for the large amount of hands-on activities.  Here they are punching their names with a metal letter puncher.  They also saw a mule, hearth cooking, butter making, weaving on a loom (by a 92-year-old man who has been weaving since he was 4!), thread making, wood carving, various metal tools and kitchen appliances, and probably a few more things I've left out.  They had a great time, of course.  

Right now, we are all staying home, since Nathaniel tested positive for Covid, and now Lydia and I are not well, either.  I made a charcuterie dinner for us, which was a fun change from the usual:

Nathaniel is already doing a bit better, so hopefully we will all be well soon.  It did adjust a lot of plans, including my last iron infusion, but we were able to reschedule quickly, so that is good.  Now I will have my last one next week, just a few days later than planned.  Nathaniel and I were looking forward to a weekend away, but that has been postponed to some future time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment