Saturday, February 17, 2024

Animals and Garden Planning.

 Our dogs both like to sit on the back of the recliner, like they are cats:

Our rabbit watches the dogs, and now gets on his hind legs and begs for both treats and attention.  He also lines up with the dogs to go into the yard, but we don't actually let him go out because he's a rabbit.  So he roams the deck and is quite the personality.  

Inside, I'm starting seedlings for our spring garden.  So far, I've got some starts of tomatoes, peppers, cabbage, kohlrabi, broccoli, broccoli rabe, kale, and some flowers.  The tomatillos have been slow to germinate, so I may have to try again on those.  There's snow on the ground outside today, but I use seed heating mats under the trays, and the playroom stays above freezing and gets lots of light, so the plants are doing well.  Nathaniel cut down a couple of trees for me, so now I can try to get more plants in the ground.  It's hard to find enough sunlight on our property.  

No comments:

Post a Comment