Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Turkey Craft

Gobble, Gobble!  This cute turkey was made by my 3 kids (ages 2, 7, and 8).  It is an easy craft idea that came from my wonderful sister.  I cut out 2 cardboard circles and let the kids glue fresh leaves to them.  (Note: Don't use crinkly leaves.  They should still be pliable.)  Make sure to glue some sticking off the cardboard for the tailfeathers.  Then I glued the small circle onto the big circle and let it dry.  Next, the boys cut out eyes, feet, waddle, and beak from cardstock (construction paper would work, too) and Lydia glued them on.  Wha-la, one easy Thanksgiving decoration.  I've thought about taping a piece of string to the back so he can be hung on the wall, but right now he looks pretty good just lounging on the mantle, sorta leaning against the wall.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Angel. Thank you so much for commenting on my blog. Your words gave me much needed encouragement on a rough day. This adoption road can be so bumpy sometimes and the kindness of strangers can really make a difference. Thanks! I'm happy to have found your blog.

    ReplyDelete