Friday, September 11, 2020

In Our Yard

 

We harvested the cushaw.  It weighs 19 pounds!  While Lydia was posing for this picture, Midnight started crying like a baby.  She doesn't like to see Lydia holding something else, so Lydia took off to hold her.

Gyunay bought me a couple of mums for my birthday and gave them to me early.  He's especially proud of this purple one.

The pumpkins are looking good.  This one is about ready for harvest.


Speaking of harvest, we are going to harvest the rooster soon, so here is a picture of him looking majestic.  He is a really pretty rooster.


And the chicks.  As you can see, the meat birds are about full-sized now.  We will harvest a few of them this weekend, too.

We have been harvesting cucumbers like crazy.  The kids eat 2 or 3 sliced cucumbers a day.  I eat them, too, but we are getting so many that I was able to can 5 pints of dill pickles and 9 pints of sweet relish, as well as ferment a couple of quarts of dill pickles.  Tomatillos are also doing very well.  I canned tomatillo salsa, and more are growing.  I planted some fall radishes and turnips outside, and they have sprouted.  It feels like fall this morning; it is really lovely outside right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment