Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Book Review - Blackberry Beach by Irene Hannon

 

I've enjoyed many of Irene Hannon's books, including at least one in this Hope Harbor series. The Hope Harbor series is set in a small town by the beach, with many quirky and caring inhabitants.  I don't think you need to read others in the series to read this book, but readers of past novels set in Hope Harbor will enjoy seeing some of the characters from earlier books, like Charley.  This book was not my favorite, though.  It is rather easy to put down, and I didn't feel that the reader got to know the main characters very well.  Overall, it was a good read, but not a great one.  I did like the way the author portrays the town, and especially the two pastors who are friends.  The book was very predictable, with a sweet, clean romance.  Actually, it includes another romance with secondary characters, too.  To me, this book was just ok; some of her other books are much better, and she is an author I do enjoy.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher, Revell, for the purpose of writing a review, but all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment