Saturday, April 24, 2021

Homemade Ravioli

 A couple of years ago, Mamaw got me a pasta roller for Christmas, and I have enjoyed making noodles many times since then.  Sometimes the kids want to help me crank out the noodles, but mostly, it's a thing I do on my own.  I am a huge fan of homemade pasta, and I have made various basic types, but I have never attempted ravioli.  Lydia got me a little ravioli cutter for this Christmas, and I finally decided to try it out.


I've discovered that the thinnest setting makes the best ravioli.  I did a cheese filling for these.

I also made a slightly spicy arrabiata sauce, which was delicious.

Overall, I am hooked.  I will have to make these again.  When the basil is growing, I think it would be excellent to make ravioli with pesto.

And here is a picture from Gyunay's first communion that a friend took.  



No comments:

Post a Comment