Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Happy Halloween and Dia de los Muertos

 

Happy All Souls Day!  I finally made an ofrenda, which I've meant to do for the past few years.  I need to get some little pictures and frame them or something for next year.  And I'd love to get a calavera or momento mori (basically, skulls).  And I forgot to add a candle, but at least I finally got one up for All Saints and All Souls (Dias de los Muertos).  All of the flowers are real, and were blooming in my yard.  It's been unusually warm, and we haven't had a frost yet (which normally comes around Oct 16-20).  

Halloween was fun.  The youngest three and Nathaniel and I joined some friends for a picnic dinner and trick or treating.

Captain Hook and Count Dracula were very enthusiastic.  

You can't tell from the group picture, but Lydia was covered in fake blood and wound tattoos.  


No comments:

Post a Comment