Friday, January 7, 2022

Book Review - The Girl Who Could Breather Under Water by Erin Bartels

 


I didn't want to stop reading this book.  In the beginning, it took a while to sort out the story, and who the main character, Kendra, was actually speaking to throughout the book.  I guessed from the beginning that there was abuse in the charater's past, and I definitly shed tears in the reading of the story more than once.  The novel deals with heavy topics in a beautiful lake setting.  It was easy to care about the main character, but it was at times harder to understand what was really going on.  Ultimately, this is the story of friendship and loss and learning to move forward.  The prose is inviting and engaging, even though the story moved a bit slower at first.


I received a copy of this book from the publisher, Revell, for the purpose of writing a review, but all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment