Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Multiplication Joy!

 

Before Christmas, I felt that Gyunay had finally mastered addition and subtraction, so I told him that after the break, he could start to learn multiplication.  We started yesterday, and the sheer joy he has over learning multiplication is amazing!  I told Nathaniel last night, "I've never seen anyone so excited to learn math."  Lydia corrected me, "I've never seen anyone so excited to learn ANYTHING!"  
It's true, and not only is he enjoying it, he's getting it!  I am so happy that we went with the Math-U-See program, because it is really working for my boy.  Right now, he is making his own multiplication worksheets for fun.  If you know me, you understand that I never use the words "math worksheets" and "fun" in the same discussion, but I am staying enthusiastic for my boy, because his incredible joy is so amazing and contagious.

And here are a couple of cute photos of our gingerbread adventure yesterday.  A homeschooling friend invited our Mass and breakfast club crew to her lovely house for gingerbread decorating.  
There were 19 kids and a few moms there, though, and it got pretty loud, so after he was done decorating, Gyunay spent some time playing with my goddaughter, Stella.  


Normally, he runs around with her big brothers, but I think he really enjoyed playing with her.  This picture probably gives a better feel for some of the happy chaos:

It was a lot of fun, and I think all of the kids really enjoyed themselves.  We had ages 2-14 present, and we moms even managed to chat for a bit while the kids ran around after the decorating.  Our poor hostess probably spent the rest of the day wiping icing from every discernable surface of the room, but she seemed fine with the mess, so I hope she enjoyed herself as much as we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment