Friday, August 4, 2023

Kids' Fun

 I never posted any pictures of the kids' trip to the Indy Children's Museum.  My in-laws sent me these:




It sounded like they had a great time.

They also washed Grandma's truck when they got home:

Some of the kids and I went to visit my family for a couple of days.  I only got a few pictures.


We celebrated Gyunay's and my nephew's birthdays.  


Back at home, Mama hen and her chicks are doing well.  On a whim on Sunday night, Nathaniel and I bought 6 chicks from Rural King.  We had a broody hen, so we stuck them under her that night.  She's taken to being Mama very well.

She now has 3 lavender orpington chicks and 2 barred rocks.  

She's doing a great job with them.

Although I haven't been getting much from my garden, I have been doing quite a bit of canning.  

We picked blueberries in northern Indiana, plus we bought cherries in Michigan.  Last week, I also gained a bushel and a peck of peaches from a local orchard, and my mom just sent a bunch of frozen strawberries home for jam.  I've made several batches of jam and some honey peaches.  I still have a lot to work on, though.  My family goes through a lot of jam, and we give out quite a bit of it, so it takes a lot of half-pints to last us a year.  I hope to can over 70 half-pints.  Plus, most of the peaches are going into quart jars of honey peaches.  They are a favorite at breakfast club, and they are so easy for me to grab and go!


No comments:

Post a Comment