Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Bulgarian Reunion 2019


 The 2019 Bulgarian Adoptive Families Reunion is in the books.  We had a great time, and the weather was much more cooperative than forcasted. 
I do have a picture of all 6 of us, but it was taken with Nathaniel's phone, so I'll have to get him to send it to me.


Our cultural activity this year was a Bulgarian New Year's Tradition:

This is the spelling in our alphabet:

Basically, we made these wands out of sticks (dogwood) and decorated them.  Young children pat their elders on the back with the stick for good luck and are given candy or money.  All of us worked on ours together, so it was a little chaotic but fun.

It was also the first trip in our new camper.  It went great!  We really like how much bigger it is, and the beds are decently comfortable.  Nathaniel was thrilled with how well the air conditioner works.  



And I never posted that I made soap last week:

This was my first go at hot-process soap, and it went very well.  I am thrilled with it, and it was really easier than I expected.  

No comments:

Post a Comment