Monday, October 7, 2019

Book Review - Unscripted by Davis Bunn

Unscripted  I read Unscripted fairly quickly.  Anyone interested in how movies are made might be interested in this story, as the details of the film industry are prominent.  For me, the main characters weren't fully fleshed out.  I like the idea of a redemptive tale, but this story seemed to rush the changes for all of the characters, to the point that it didn't seem very believable.  The details of movie-making were believable and interesting, but they seemed to take center stage at the expense of the characters.  This is an okay book, but it could have been more with more character development.  It reads more like a Hallmark movie: pleasant, but without enough real-life depth.  I actually think it would make a better movie than book, and that is an unusual comment for me, because I prefer books to movies.

I received this book from the publisher, Revell, for the purpose of writing a review, but all opinions are my own.

Update: I forgot to add that I really hated the way the author had so many sentence fragments throughout the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment