Tuesday, October 8, 2019

My latest project...

Nathaniel and the teens helped me drag logs to the front yard yesterday for my latest project.  I have been making plans for a sort of cottage garden out front.  It's going to be a work in progress for quite a while...
This is the "before" picture.  We did have a big tree in the middle of the front, but Nathaniel cut it down for me a few weeks ago.  It was dying.  Afterwards, I noticed how much sun I can get here, and I started getting excited, so I added some logs:

Then the guys helped me, and now I have a full row of logs and brush.


We will be covering the logs with dirt (more huglekultur!)  The whole front yard will be a "sort of" cottage garden, with lots of flowers and food plants.  I'm very excited to get it started now in the fall, so in the spring, it may look halfway decent in parts.  It's a long-term project, and I still haven't made all of the decisions, but I'm starting anyway.  The bulbs need to be planted now if I want some flowers there in the spring.

Also, here is Gyunay in the pajamas I recently made for him:

He loves them.  They are so soft.  Elijah asked why I made him a prisoner outfit, but hey, he does look cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment