Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Book Review - Among the Innocent by Mary Alford

 



I usually don't read books set among the Amish because I find most to be sentimental and not very dynamic, but this one, set between a formerly Amish police officer and the Amish community suffering from a string of murders, was very well done.  Among the Innocent by Mary Alford is suspenseful and intriguing.  It kept me interested throughout.  It is labeled as "romantic suspense", but I wouldn't call it a romance, despite the growing interest between the male and female leads.  I enjoyed the main character, Leah, very much.  The author also did a good job of weaving bits of Amish culture and language throughout the book without going heavy on explanation or leaving the reader wondering what she is talking about.  This book does chronicle the brutal murders of a serial killer, so it is not for everyone, but for those who like to read crime-solving mysteries, it is very good.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher, Revell, for the purpose of writing a review, but all opinions are my own.  

No comments:

Post a Comment