Friday, June 10, 2022

Growing Kids, Vegetables, and Turkeys

So, this guy turned 17 recently:
We celebrated that and have been settling into summer.  My King Tut peas are beautiful:

I shelled them and they were delicious in a Creole dish I cooked.  Also, the turkeys are growing like crazy:


They make lots of interesting noises that are different from the chicken noises or the duck noises.  The turkeys are especially friendly and inquisitive.

And here are some radish blooms:

I really enjoy growing radishes, at all stages.  Some of them grow typically, and we harvest and eat them.  Some of them bolt, like these.  I enjoy the beautiful flowers, and then we also sometimes get radish pods.  I like eating them fresh off the plant; they don't store well.  The pods I don't eat are left to fully mature seeds for next planting.

And do you see the tiny tomatoes growing?

This is one of my biggest plants.  Most of the tomato plants are no where near producing fruit, but I do have a few plants with blooms beside this one with the tiny tomatoes.

And next week?  Bible School!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment