Tuesday, September 6, 2022

The View

 Two days before I ended up in the ER with massive blood clots, I took Lydia to her open house at her new cottage school.  She looks adorable in her uniform:

Gyunay tagged along with us:

Now, I am not going on any outings.  I do sit on the deck most days.  My Mexican sunflower is amazingly beautiful.  (There are a few pink zinnias to the left of it.  I love zinnias, too, and plant them all over.)
The Mexican sunflower attracts hummingbirds, butterflies, and even finches, sometimes all at once.

It is just one plant.  It makes me think of the mustard seed parable, in which faith the size of a mustard seed grows into a sturdy plant that can shelter birds.  I wonder how big a mustard plant actually gets.  I've never seen one, but this reminds me of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment