Saturday, October 29, 2022

Field Trip

 First, here's a group shot of those of us who made it to the wedding:

Now, onto the field trip.  I haven't been able to take the kids many places this fall, which is a shame, because it's been particularly beautiful lately.  I can't manage the zoo yet, and to be honest, I haven't even managed a Walmart trip since July.  I'm just too easily tired.  However, our homeschool group planned a field trip to Salato Wild Life Center for this week, and I thought I could manage that.

Emry got to join us, since it was during his fall break.
Most of the time, this was my view, since the turtle tank was across from my bench:

But I did go out and walk some of the exhibits.  We took a friend and met several families there, so the kids had lots of people to stick with.



Gyunay was particularly interested in the turkey:

It does look a lot like Harry, albeit not as big.

So we made a successful field trip.  We learned about quail and saw bison.  We also had a picnic lunch accompanied by the inquisitive goose you saw at the top of the post.  And then I came home and watched Halloween Wars on the couch.  
Also, I had my filter removed Wednesday, so one less doctor to revisit now!


No comments:

Post a Comment