Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Book Review - The Lost Melody by Joanna Davidson Politano

 

Joanna Davidson Politano is my favorite author.  I've read and loved all of her books.  This one, though, had me a bit leery.  It's set in a mental institution in the 1800s, and just like the stuff of nightmares, one of the inmates is not insane.  However, this book, although in a dark setting, is very hopeful.  I loved the thoughtfulness that went into it.  The care that went into crafting all of the secondary characters was apparent.  The main characters grow and develop.  The prose is as beautiful as I expected, and the faith-filled message is strong.  I needed to read this book at this time.  I also appreciated the historical notes at the end.  I highly recommend this and all of her books.  


I received a copy of this book from the publisher, Revell, for the purpose of writing a review, but all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment