Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Book Review - The Long March Home by Marcus Brotherton and Tosca Lee

 

I've read WWII fiction and nonfiction for more than 30 years now.  It's a time frame that has always interested me, but I have read less set in the Pacific theater.  This book is not only good historical fiction, but it is an engaging book about friendship.  The characters were well-drawn.  I enjoyed the interplay between them, and the way the book went back and forth between the war and their past.  The jarring difference between their small-town life before the war and their harrowing experiences in the war was well displayed by this technique.  I highly recommend this book.


I received this book from the publisher in exchange for a review, but all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment