Thursday, June 29, 2023

Growing

 A couple of weeks ago, all of the kids and I went to my parents' cabin on Lake Barkley.  We had a great time, but I got almost no pictures.  

Emry didn't catch any fish, but he is getting pretty good at casting.

Gyunay was excited to walk the dog around.

Also, we said bye to our beloved priest, Father Robert:

We have already welcomed our new priest, and he seems wonderful, too, so we are very blessed.


Acorn finally discovered that she can dig in the dirt (instead of the couch).


It wore her out!

Also, gooseberries are ripe!
Lydia begged me to plant gooseberries a few years ago.  I'd never had them, but she had picked and ate them at her cousins' house.  They are delicious, and I am very happy that we planted them.  The plants are covered in thorns, but, as Lydia noted, it's totally worth it to pick them!

Malachi returned home last night from his mission trip.  He was working with drywall in a lady's house in eastern Kentucky, where there was a lot of flooding.  He had a great trip and learned that he can do the work!  


No comments:

Post a Comment