Friday, April 19, 2024

Animal and Garden Update

Midnight still loves to sit on the roof of the carport.  I climb up there with her most days.  She and Panther are still great at killing all the rodents and most small birds in the vicinity.  They are now 6 years old!

All together, here is the list of animals we have:
2 cats
2 dogs
1 bunny
1 turkey
1 rooster
15 hens
26 meat bird chicks

I spend a fair amount of time taking care of animals right now, and I've been plenty busy with gardening.  The potatoes are growing great.  The peas and radishes are growing outside.  The carrots sprouted, and I transplanted cabbages outside.  Most of the seedlings are still in the sunroom, where they will remain until May, as it's too soon to plant tomatoes, etc.  I have also been transforming garden areas.  We are moving the huglekultur bed.  Since we have 3 sons who drive (and their friends visiting), the sun couldn't get to it well because of all the cars around here.  So, we are relocating the dirt.  A lot of it went into the new potato garden.  The old huglekultur spot will be another parking space.  I have been expanding the gardens outside the fence, since Nathaniel took down those trees for me.  The peas and strawberries are thriving over there, and I am still working on making it a large garden.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment