Thursday, August 15, 2024

Projects

Happy Feast of the Assumption!  It's been a busy day around here, and both Malachi and Pilot moved back to college. 

I went to the orchard and bought 2 bushels of seconds peaches, so I've been canning all day today:

Left to right, honey peaches, peach jam, blackberry peach jam, cinnamon peach jam, and peach salsa
The peach salsa is a new recipe I'm trying.  I also made a peach cobbler and put several bags of peaches in the freezer. I still have about 1/2 of a bushel of peaches in the fridge, so I still have more to manage, but I'm really pleased with how everything is going so far.

We did make it into town for a quick visit before school started, and we took our youngest boys and our nephews for an arcade day:


I also was invited to a fun mom craft day, where I made this cute pouch:


The kids also had their own crafts to do while I was busy making this.  It was a really fun day.


No comments:

Post a Comment