Friday, August 30, 2024

Gardening and Stepping Out

 

Despite the crazy heat of this week, my cantaloupe and watermelon plants are looking great.  When I harvested the potatoes, I planted cantaloupes, watermelons, some herbs (see the basil on the right?), and a few beans in the bed, and they are doing very well even though it's been 95 every day this week.

See that cantaloupe?  It is still a ways off before any of the fruit is ripe, but they are doing fantastic, so I hope to harvest several melons from the plants before frost.  I may be enjoying cantaloupe in October, but that would be fabulous.

In other news, Nathaniel and I got dressed up for an event with the archbishop:


I had a lot of fun dress shopping with my friend for the gold dress.  I've never much liked shopping, but my friend and I had a great day together.  She also loaned me a clutch to use.  So Nathaniel and I were appropriately attired for a cocktail event, and we had a great time with a very friendly couple there.  

1 comment: