Tuesday, October 8, 2024

A Bushel and a Peck

 

On Saturday, we had a great time apple picking!
It's been years since we got to pick our own apples, and Emry had never been apple picking.  We picked a bushel and a peck.

After the kids had some time on the playground, we returned to the fields for pumpkin picking.




Lastly, we also headed into the corn maze, with Nathaniel to guide us so we wouldn't be left wandering forever.


Now, I've got apples to process.  I've been dehydrating them, and like the peaches, dehydrated apples have been a big hit with my youngest two.  Nathaniel has always liked apple chips, too.  I also made some apple sauce, and an apple pudding.  I will probably make some apple cinnamon jam and a pie at some point, but fortunately, apples keep much longer than peaches, so I don't have to rush.





No comments:

Post a Comment