Tuesday, September 1, 2026

August Harvest Totals

 August was a good month for the garden.  The cantaloupes were divine!  A lot of my plants are done now, and I didn't do a good job of succession planting, so harvests will be smaller going on, but I still will have some things coming in, and September will see the meat birds harvested.  Plus, the sweet potatoes are still growing well, so those will be harvested either late September or early October.  Fewer hens were broody this month than last month, although I've had a stubborn one broody nearly all month. 

Here is the August report:

Beans, green - 7.8oz (these were either Provider or Blue lake, but only a couple of plants)

Beans, dragon - 4.9 lbs

Butternut squash, mini - 3

Cantaloupe - 11

Carrots - 24

Corn - 10

Cucumbers - 27

Eggs - 379

Jalapenos - 2

Pepperoncini - 12

Tomatillos - 13.5 oz

Tomatoes, Eva Purple Ball - 13

Tomatoes, red (various types) - 38

Tomatoes, San Marzano - 61

Zucchini - 6


Also, cherry tomatoes (not as many as I'd hoped), cilantro, dill, parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, mint, basil (lots!)

No comments:

Post a Comment