Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Book Review - Hadley Beckett's Next Dish by Bethany Turner



Hadley Beckett's Next Dish is a delight!  Author Bethany Turner uses humor as deftly as her main character uses butter.  This is the first time I have read anything by this author, but it will not be the last.  Her characters are believable, and both the male and female leads were well-developed.  The setting was fun, and it seemed realistic to the celebrity chef world.  Turner uses pop culture references but doesn't become cliche by overusing them.  It was easy to get into this book, and it was hard to put it down.  I don't give this book five stars because it's a literary masterpiece like something by Charles Dickens, but because it delivers exactly what it promises: a humorous, romantic story that is well-written and immensely likable.  Also, I love the way the author weaves the theme of forgiveness in a real-world, modern-day setting.  I highly recommend this book.

I received a copy of the book from the publisher, Revell, for the purpose of writing a review, but all opinions are my own.   

No comments:

Post a Comment