Sunday, May 17, 2020

More Crazy Garden Plans

Three of us took a kayak trip today.

So, we got Lydia a new bunk bed a few weeks ago, and her old box spring was not needed anymore.  I stuffed it under the carport next to the trailer, because heavy trash pick-up is not happening now due to Covid-19.  Then today, Nathaniel dragged out the trailer to take Elijah and Gyunay kayaking, so he had to get the bed spring out of the way.  Thus, it was laying in the yard after he left, and I thought, Wow, that looks so much like a raised garden bed. So I dragged it to the grass next to one of my gardens:

Then, I added some random pulled weeds and covered them with potting soil.  It is one of those compressed bags of soil that is supposed to expand when wet, but I just dropped it in without adding water since it's going to rain for the next forever.

I did wonder what Nathaniel would think.  Luckily, he's used to me, and he's pretty tolerant of my craziness. I asked if he'd help me attach the wire stuff to the t-posts for trellising, but I was making dinner and figured that we'd do it later. He went on outside and did it for me!


I think it may actually look fairly nice once there are plants in and around it.  In any case, it's more growing room for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment