Wednesday, July 28, 2021

New Flowers

 Along with all of the vegetable seeds, I grew lots of flowers this year.  Some didn't grow well, and others (sunflowers) were pretty much devoured by the deer, but there were several successes.  I always grow zinnias, and my Mexican sunflowers, but I tried some new things, too.  


This first one is gomphrena, and its flowers are almost neon.  It's really stunning.  The one below is peppermint stick balsam, which really makes a nice statement. 
I've been getting lots of green beans in the garden, and a few cucumbers.  I am still waiting to really get tomatoes.  I harvest some cherry tomatoes every day, but some of the big ones rotted before ripening, and most are healthy but not ripe.  Sigh.

Here is Malachi, the thinker.  Next, Nathaniel and I on our date walk in the woods.  Finally, baby Eleanor, because everyone needs to smile at a precious baby.







No comments:

Post a Comment