Sunday, August 15, 2021

Timber!

We had a dead oak tree that was in danger of falling on the house or taking out the front porch, so we actually hired a company to take it down.  It made me sad to not be able to make boards from that beautiful wood.



Panther has been really enjoying coming inside for cuddles lately.

And other than the corner the tree fell on, my front cottage garden area is looking really nice.  Lots of flowers have filled it in, and I have some tomatoes, cabbages, potatoes, beans, watermelon, herbs, and pea pods mixed in.  



There's also a huge snake gourd plant in the front.  I'll have to take a picture of it soon.  Lydia wanted to grow some snake gourds, and my dad actually got several packs of free seeds to me.  Included was the snake gourd, so obviously, we were meant to grow them!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment