Wednesday, October 29, 2025

As You Wish

 Nathaniel surprised me with his Westly costume right before our church's trunk or treat celebration Sunday.

I didn't have a  Princess Buttercup costume, but I was able to come up with a reasonably medieval costume with Lydia's old Maleficent dress and some fabric for a head covering.  The evening went very well.  The kids had a ball.  We had a couple of photo backdrops.  I never got a picture of my people in front of one, though.
My niece and nephew were in town and able to join our kids.  I was at the craft station.

The pumpkin hammering station was very popular.  I set out toy hammers and golf tees, and the kids had a ball hammering them into pumpkins.
Years ago, when I taught preschoolers, we did this.  It's great for hand/eye coordination.  It's also oddly satisfying to hammer a pumpkin.



 




No comments:

Post a Comment