Thursday, July 15, 2010

Garlic Ranch Dressing

This is an easy salad dressing or ranch dip.  It does NOT taste like Hidden Valley Ranch, but I really like it.  Don't try to eat it right away, or it is very bland.  (Sorry to my friends that I made it fresh for and didn't let it sit!)  It needs to sit for an hour or so to really taste good, and it is definately stronger the second day.
1 c plain yogurt (I often heap the cup)
1/3 c milk (optional, only for making it runnier)
1 clove garlic
1T or so minced fresh chives
2 tsp red wine vinegar OR juice of 1 lemon
1/2 tsp salt (I used sea salt)
pepper to taste
1 tsp dried dill
1 tsp dried parsely
Mince the garlic and then smash it into the salt to make a paste.  Then just mix everything together. 

This is really good as a dip or on chicken wraps!  I don't add any milk for a dip.  Lydia eats it with a spoon.  She LOVES it.

No comments:

Post a Comment