Thursday, September 1, 2011

Lego Creations

The boys are happy that they will go to Lego club at the library this month.  It's free, but you have to sign up, and spots are limited.  I remembered to call the first day you could, so they're in!

Elijah worked really hard on this.  It is a computer with Lego Star Wars on the screen.  The second picture is a close-up of the "keyboard", which he copied painstakingly from our real keyboard.  He figured out how to do it all by himself, including the words on the "screen".
And here is Lydia booing chickens.  Unfortunately, when Mamaw and Papaw were here Tuesday evening, the chickens didn't cooperate.  Most were already in the coop, and the three that weren't were hiding in the bushes and wouldn't come out.  I cut back the bushes, and last night Lydia was booing them as usual.

Actually, I really messed up when Mamaw and Papaw were here.  I had cut up a cantaloupe (the second from the garden!) and completely forgot to serve it to them!  The kids and I finished it off yesterday, and today another is ripe.  Yum.  I also forgot to send home some tomatoes.  I forget that they don't have a garden now.   But we had a really nice visit.
Nathaniel gave us a great surprise and came home early from the conference.  He wasn't supposed to be in until today, but work wanted him back here for meetings today, so he changed his flight and came home yesterday evening.   
It's going to be a busy weekend.  My inlaws are coming tomorrow, and Nathaniel's friend is coming Saturday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment