Saturday, July 12, 2014

In the Garden...

things are starting to ripen, slowly but surely.  I was worried about the broccoli, since it usually has produced and been done by now, but I double-checked the package that the seeds came in, and this variety does take longer to grow.  The plants are huge and healthy, and now:

Success!  The kids especially love fresh broccoli, so I'm happy that we will have some to harvest soon.

The peppers are starting to grow.  There are several with blooms and tiny peppers growing.  And the picture on the right is my Sultan's Golden Crescent beans, which are much more vigorous than expected.  Next year, I'll have to have more support for those.  A few are starting to ripen, so I'm excited to try them.



And here is Lydia showing a little preview of the dress she'll wear in my brother's wedding.  The flower girl dresses arrived today.


No comments:

Post a Comment