Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Spring and Snow

Although it felt like spring for 2 days, Monday it snowed all day.  Gyunay was delighted with this, and kept going outside to catch snowflakes on his tongue.
The flecks in the air (and in front of his face) are snow, but the large white petals on the ground are from the ornamental cherry.  None of the snow stayed on the ground very long, since the ground was still too warm, but it hovered around 33 degrees here all day.

The potatoes I planted in black bags are sprouting!  I'm very happy to see that.  I also have onions popping up everywhere.

These tulips just decided to announce that it really should be spring!

This is hard to see, but it is the white nectarine tree that I grew from seed last winter and planted in the yard last fall.  It looks really healthy.  I also planted some kale plants around it, and they are currently alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment