Saturday, May 11, 2019

Malachi's Confirmation

Malachi was confirmed last night.  Elijah was his sponsor, so I got a picture of the two of them together.  

Our Archbishop was sick, and our priest is recovering from surgery, so we had a last-minute substitution of a priest from a neighboring parish.  We were glad he could step in.  Normally, the Archbishop does all of the Confirmation Masses in the diocese, so I doubt that the priest had actually presided over one before.  
Malachi chose St. Maximilian Kolbe as his patron saint.   Each kid says their saint's name during the Mass, and I think he was the only one who chose St. Maximilian Kolbe. I heard a bunch of St. Sebastians, several Joan of Arcs, a couple of Cecilias, Lucy, Jose, Juan, Elizabeth, Mary Magdalene, Francis, Stephen, Phillip, Teresa, and Peter.  I couldn't hear everyone's, and there were around 40 kids getting confirmed, so I'm sure I missed a few.  I'm always interested in which saints the kids are picking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment