Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Moving Out

 Malachi and I spent an hour yesterday reinforcing the chicken wire in the smallest yard, and then Lydia and Malachi moved the meat chicks out to it.


We put Mama Hen in that yard, too, since she has been really picked on by the rooster and other hens.

She seems to be getting along pretty well with her new flockmates.  The regular chicks are still in the shed.  They are quite small still, but we plan to move them out with the rest in another week.

Around the garden, I am very happy to see my pumpkins growing:

And here are the Aztec Sun flowers, which are the yellow counterpart to my orange Mexican Torch sunflowers.  As you can see, the butterflies like them, too.

I haven't seen any hummingbirds on the yellow ones, but they do love the orange ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment