Tuesday, June 20, 2023

A Very Catholic Field Trip

Last week, the younger three and I went on a very Catholic field trip.  First, we attended Mass in an old chapel in a modern hospital.  It was a bit surreal.  After walking through the hospital, you come to a large metal door.  When you open the door, it is like you have gone back 100 years.  The chapel has beautiful stained glass windows, some of which feature really lesser-known saints.

After having a tour of the chapel with a very accommodating priest, we headed to St. Martin of Tours for another tour with him.



St. Martin's has a rich history, and it boasts many statues and beautiful windows.  

It also has the remains of two martyrs from 308!

Saints Magnus and Bonosa, pray for us!

St. Martin's was recently named a shrine, the first in our archdiocese (I'm pretty sure).

We went on these tours with our homeschool group.  


Also last week, I made cherry jam for the first time.  I've made many jams, but never cherry.  I wore my new apron, which was a gift from my Mamaw.

She sells aprons like this one in her etsy shop: 
https://www.etsy.com/shop/nanasthisnthat?ref=shop-header-name&listing_id=1152346162
 

No comments:

Post a Comment