Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Donuts, Black Rabbits, and Gardens

 

Nathaniel, Lydia, and I went yardsaling a couple of weeks ago, and I saw this donut puzzle.  I did one that is very similar a while back, with either 500 or 1,000 pieces, and I really enjoyed it, so I decided to buy this one. It is the first 1,500 piece puzzle I've ever done.  I enjoyed it very much, but I don't think I'll make a habit of doing more that big. 500-1,000 pieces are more my speed.

Nathaniel and I had a date night last weekend, where I took his picture with a black rabbit:

Speaking of black rabbits, can you see Buddy Bean in the sweet potato vines?
He loves hiding in them, and eating them.  Fortunately, they are safe for bunnies.
In other garden news, I have been working on layering compost and wood chips on beds that are done for this year. The tomatoes are the center bed here, which are still producing little ones. To the rear and the right, you can see the beautiful Mexican sunflowers. Hummingbirds and butterflies visit daily. There are also some weeds back there that I need to clean up.

Here is the other side. Not much still growing here, some zinnias and zucchinis.  You can see Nathaniel's fancy new air conditioner in the back.



No comments:

Post a Comment