Monday, June 21, 2010

Busy Summer

Summer is in full swing here!  Last week, the kids attended Bible School. I was in charge of the crafts, and it was fun.  Then this weekend, good friends came to visit.  That was lots of fun!  We moms left the dads in charge Saturday morning and headed yard-saling and to the farmer's market.  I bought local bacon and tomatoes, which made an excellent BLT!!  I love summer food.  My own tomatoes are looking good, but they are not near ready to eat yet, so I was glad to see some local ones at the farmer's market.  Summer to me tastes primarily of two great foods: tomatoes and cantaloupes.  I am growing both, and I hope they continue to thrive!
The boys enjoyed their first day of zoo camp this morning.  Lydia and I walked around the zoo for 3 hours.  It was hot!  But we stuck mainly to the shade, and since it was morning, it was not as bad as it could have been.
I know this is so short, but I will post a recipe either later tonight or tomorrow. 

1 comment:

  1. Yay! A recipe! I KNEW you didn't want to go to the zoo this past Sat!!!! I knew it!!! :)

    We had a lot of fun. THe kids did too. THey are already asking when we'll see you again!
    Karen :)

    ReplyDelete