Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Eggs and Friends

The kids enjoyed playing at our friends' house.  How many kids can fit on a bean bag?  Apparently, 7 can!
 The chickens are really laying now.  Yesterday, we got 6 eggs.  Today, we got 8!  We had scrambled eggs for dinner last night, and Lydia and I baked pumpkin muffins and banana bread today, but there is no shortage of eggs in our fridge.  Two of the eggs I cracked for scrambled eggs yesterday had double yolks (one was a brown egg, the other green).  I also hardboiled some for snacks and salad topping. 


The chickens don't seem bothered by the cold.  It was only 18 degrees this morning when I went to let them out, but they were all outside in their tiny yard already, and eagerly came running to the door for me to let them into the main yard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment