Monday, November 3, 2014

Montessori Style Aprons

I'm going to be doing a craft show with my sister in a few weeks, and I've been meaning to try to make a child's Montessori style apron, so I decided that this was a good time to do so.  These aprons are reversible, and even small kids can put them on by themselves.  Here Lydia and Malachi are modeling the same apron, both sides:


 Malachi prefers the blue side, but I love the sailor fabric that my Mamaw gave me.  It used to be in her fabric shop.

The kids are wearing the child's size apron, and it is a bit big on Lydia.  She will probably fit better in the toddler size, but I haven't made one of those yet.  I did cut one out, though, and I've already made a daisy child-sized one.

The top strap has elastic in it, and there is a side strap that goes behind the back and velcros on the side, so the apron stays in place.

I'm very pleased with how these turned out.  I hope to make several more before the craft show!

No comments:

Post a Comment